FOUNDATION Device Coupler (FDC)
FOUNDATION Device Coupler
FieldConnex® Diagnostic Segment Protector with 4...12 outputs
intrinsically safe Ex ic. Spurs feature advanced fault protection.
R2-SP-IC*: for DIN-Rail installation 4
F2-SP-IC*: with aluminum housing 4
Additionally stainless-steel and GRP housing solutions are pre-engineered
with many options for practically any environment are ready to install.
In hazardous areas the
* Installation of the Segment Protector is in Zone 2/Div. 2
* Fieldbus instruments can be located in Zone 0
The Segment Protector offers diagnostic functions for superior
availability of fieldbus segments through protection at the spur from
* Contact bounce that can occur during connect and disconnect operations
* Excessive communication from faulty devices
* Creeping short-circuits through progressive protection
The Segment Protector supports accessories with diagnostics: Surge
protectors indicating wear and enclosure leakage sensors detecting water
ingress generate alarms that are forwarded to the control or asset
management system indicating need for plant upkeep.
Additional attributes are:
* Outputs intrinsically safe Ex ic IIC, permitting live work on the spur
* T-connector on the trunk, which simplifies wiring of multiple Segment
The Segment Protector is part of the High-Power Trunk concept in
combination with FieldConnex® Power Hubs. This enables long cable runs
and many field devices with hot work permitted on devices. The Segment
Protector supports all user choices for grounding and shielding.