Foundation Field Device
For measuring the volume or mass flow of saturated steam and liquids. The
instrument calculates steam mass flow using data according to the
international standard IAPWS-IF97 (ASME). If the pressure is constant,
the instrument is able to put out the mass flow of superheated steam or
the mass and volume flow of other gases. With devices with a PROFIBUS-PA
or FOUNDATION Fieldbus interface the possibility exists, to read the
operating pressure as an input value. For utility and process
applications in the chemical, petrochemical, power and district heating
industries and in many other branches.
* Proven robust, capacitive sensor (installed base > 100,000)
* Immune to:
- Vibration (over 1 g in all axes)
- Temperature shock (> 150 K/s)
- Dirty media
- Water hammer
* Process temperature range:
- 330° to +750°F (-200° to +400°C)
* Connection to all common systems:
- FOUNDATION Fieldbus
* Galvanically isolated frequency output available (for flow, alarm,
limit value etc.).
* Permanent self-monitoring and diagnosis of electronics and sensor.
* Correction of diameter mismatch.
* No maintenance, no moving parts, no zero-point drift.
Manufacturer ID (hex):
Device Type ID (hex):
Physical Layer Profile:
111 - Standard-power signaling, bus-powered, Entity Model I.S.
512 - Low-power signaling, separately powered, FISCO I.S.
Endress + Hauser
Registered Function Blocks:
2xAI(e), 1xDO(s), 1xRB(e)
Alarms and Events
Function Block Linking
DD/CFF Tester Version: